Please review this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Policy, please do not access or use our Websites or Services.
1. What personal information we collect
The Company collects the following personal information for service application, consultation, and marketing activities:
- Your name, username, email address, postal
- Address, phone number, and other contact information
- Your credit card number and billing information
- Your employer, job title and other job application information
- Records of your correspondence with us or on our forums
- Information you provide through other types of interactions, such as surveys, events, social media, or other types of
communication with us
2. How we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal data through various ways, when you:
- Visit our Websites, through automated cookies
- Use our Services
- Interact with us by providing your contact information through the Websites, by email, by social media, or by telephone
- Participate in our online communities, blogs or other forums
- Register for or attend an online or in person event sponsored by us
3. How we use your personal information
The Company uses the collected personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing goods or services: We process personal information for the purpose of providing services, contents, and customized services.
- Use in marketing and advertising: Personal information is processed for the purpose of developing new services (products) and providing customized services, event and advertising information, including opportunities for participation.
4. Data processing and retention
In principle, the Company does not provide users' personal information to third parties. However, the following cases are exceptions:
- If user agrees in advance
- In accordance with the provisions of the law, or if there is a request from an investigative agency in accordance with the procedures and methods specified in the law for investigation purposes
- Reason for information retention in accordance with relevant laws and regulations
- Records on responding to customer inquiries
The Company may retain your information for as long as your account is active, or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Following termination or deactivation of your account, the Company may retain information (including your profile information) and user content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. After the applicable retention period has expired, we will securely delete your personal data.
5. Procedure and method of destroying personal information
In principle, the Company destroys the personal information without delay if the purpose of processing personal information is achieved. The procedure, deadline and method of destruction are as follows:
- Information entered by the user is transferred to a separate DB (separate documents in the case of hard copies) after the purpose is achieved, and is destroyed after a certain period of storage or immediately in accordance with internal policies and other related laws. At this time, the personal information transferred to the DB is not used for other purposes unless
required by law.
- Within 5 days upon expiration of retention period if personal information is deemed unnecessary due to achievement of storing purposes, service discontinuance, termination of business etc., said personal information shall be destroyed within 5 days from the day it is recognized as unnecessary.
- Information in the form of electronic files is stored using a technological method that cannot reproduce records. Personal information printed on paper is destroyed by shredding or incineration.
6. Your Data Rights
The Company respects your control over your personal data and, upon request, we will confirm whether we hold or are processing data that we have collected from you. You also have the right to amend or update inaccurate or incomplete personal data, request deletion of your personal data, or request that we no longer use it.
Under certain circumstances we will not be able to fulfill your request, such as if it interferes with our regulatory obligations, affects legal matters, we cannot verify your identity, or fulfillment involves disproportionate cost or effort, but in any event we will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame and provide you an explanation.
You can always contact us as provided in the Contact Us section to exercise these rights. You may also be able to take action yourself through the methods listed below:
- View, correct and delete your account information. If you use the Services or have an account through our Websites, you can view, update and delete certain information directly through your account.
- Opt out of communications. You can opt out of receiving future promotional communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link within an email, or by updating your profile settings. Please note that you generally can’t opt out of service related communications.
7. Data security
While we follow industry standards and best practices to protect your data, no transmission of data over the Internet or any public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
8. Contact us
[email protected] or contact us at our mailing address below:
05-107, WeWork, 83 Uisadang-daero
Republic of Korea
Attn: DSLAB GLOBAL INC.
The Company may implement cookies on the Websites to provide targeted marketing and personalized service by analyzing the access frequency and visit time of members and non-members, identifying users' tastes and interests, tracking and identifying the degree of participation in various events and the number of visits.
Cookies are small data files stored in your browser by a website. They transmit information about your use of the site to its operator or to third parties that placed the cookie. Some cookies are “session cookies” that expire when you close your browser, and others are “persistent cookies” that stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them.
Cookies are optional. Therefore, you can allow all cookies by setting options in your web browser, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies. Please note that if you do not accept our cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience. The Sites will not be personalized to you, and certain features may not work.
We may update the terms of this Policy at our discretion. We encourage visitors to frequently check this page for any changes.